- This event has passed.
**REGISTRATION CLOSED** AP/OD Online Program Acquisition Institute November 7-18| Presented in English
November 7 - November 18$1,649
In the Online 3rd Edition Program Acquisition Institute, participants will learn how to provide the AP/OD curriculum directly to parents/families with children 0-5. This dynamic training will cover AP/OD best practices in the following topics:
- Popular education methodology and approach including adult learning methodology and facilitator skills
- Using culturally relevant activities to develop parent leadership
- Overview of curriculum and session formats
- Developing community partnerships and constructing a local resource kit, including using local education and health data as discussion tools
- Program implementation strategies including start-up recommendations, parent recruitment, retention, and integrating the AP/OD program into the local partners’ organizational structures including:
- Creating a welcoming environment for parent training
- Strengths-based/asset-based perspective for working with parents and families
Access to newly developed training material to implement the program virtually. This includes updated facilitator guides and customizable PowerPoints in English and Spanish for each session of the curriculum (sessions 1-10 + a bonus orientation session).
The goal is for all participants in the AP/OD Training Institute to strengthen their skills to work with families and be prepared and motivated to implement the AP/OD program in their local communities.
MATERIALS NEEDED: Participants will need a computer/laptop with a working microphone and camera (for the Zoom sessions) and also access to reliable Wi-Fi. The AP/OD team will email participants an update regarding the shipment of their 3rd Edition AP/OD curriculum kit and other training materials a week before the training.
TRAINING FORMAT: The online institute consists of 6 required live sessions via Zoom with our Master trainer and individual online learning assignments that participants will complete prior to each Zoom session. Participants will have 2 weeks to complete their certification. In total they can expect to spend 17 hrs completing their certification, this includes the Zoom sessions.
REQUIRED LIVE ZOOM SESSION DATES:
*First day of the training is Monday 11/07 even though there is no Zoom session on this date – participants should designate at least 2 hours this day to create their online account and complete the online homework to be prepared for the first Zoom session.
1. Zoom session #1 – Tuesday, 11/08 Time: 9:30am – 11:05am Pacific Time (PT)
2. Zoom session #2 – Thursday, 11/10| Time: 9:30am – 11:30am PT
3. Zoom session #3 –Monday, 11/14 | Time: 9:30am – 11:35am PT
4. Zoom session #4 – Tuesday, 11/15| Time: 9:30am -11:35am PT
5. Zoom session #5 – Thursday,11/17| Time: 9:30am – 10:55am PT
6. Zoom session #6 – Friday, 11/18| Time: 9:30am – 11:15am PT
** Please reference the table below to check the start time according to your time zone.**
|Generalized Time Zones in the United States|
|Time Zone||Abbreviation||Zoom Time|
* *In order to receive your facilitator certification, it is required that you complete all self-learning assignments and participate in all of the live Zoom sessions. If you have any unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from participating in all 17 hours of the training, you will have 60 days to sign-up for another online institute to receive certification.
- For new facilitators: $1,649.00
- For existing 2nd Edition facilitatorS: $ 1,149.00 (certification will be verified)
- Pay via check: Please request the invoice from Daisy Castaneda | firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will not be processed.
- Pay with a credit card: The registration fee can be processed online → Click here to pay online on our SHOP page