Parenting can be stressful and overwhelming, and kids can experience stress and challenges too. It is important for both caregivers and children to practice self-care and stress management to find balance. When you feel your best and take the time for yourself, you are modeling healthy practices and helping your little ones feel their best too.
This Mental Health Awareness Month, we’re sharing resources to encourage family self-care and balanced well-being.
Picture books that can teach children about mental health and self-care:
- Unstoppable Me! by Wayne W. Dyer
- Eating The Alphabet by Lois Elhert
- The Pigeon Needs a Bath! by Mo Willems
- Good Night Yoga: A Pose-by-Pose Bedtime Story by Mariam Gates
- The Busy Body Book: A Kid’s Guide to Fitness by Lizzy Rockwell
- Pilar’s Worries by Victoria M. Sanchez and Jess Golden