- This event has passed.
AP-OD 3-Day Program Acquisition Institute- Fairbanks, AK *For New Facilitators
February 18, 2020 - February 20, 2020$2,000
In the NEW 3rd Edition 3-Day Program Acquisition Institute, participants will learn how to provide the curriculum directly to parents/families with children 0-5. This dynamic training will cover AP/OD best practices in the following topics:
- Popular education methodology and approach including adult learning methodology and facilitator skills
- Using culturally relevant activities to develop parent leadership
- Overview of curriculum and session formats
- Developing community partnerships and constructing a local resource kit, including using of local education and health data as discussion tools
- Program implementation strategies including start-up recommendations, parent recruitment, retention, and integrating the AP/OD program into the local partners’ organizational structures including:
- Creating a welcoming environment for parent training
- Strengths-based/asset-based perspective for working with parents and families
The goal is for all participants in the AP/OD Training Institute to strengthen their skills to work with families and be prepared and motivated to implement the AP/OD program in their local communities.
Training will be conducted in English.
Doyon Limited Training Room
617 Bidwill Ave.
Fairbanks, AK – 99701
Times: February, 18th & 19th 9am-4pm (check-in starts at 8:30am)
February 20th, 9am-3pm (check-in starts at 8:30)