In the Online 3rd Edition Program Acquisition Institute, participants will learn how to provide the AP/OD curriculum directly to parents/families with children 0-5. This dynamic training will cover AP/OD best practices in the following topics:
NEWLY INTEGRATED: Newly developed training material that includes access and guidance for our new online course Effective Practices for Facilitating the AP/OD Program Virtually. The course includes an additional video presentation of AP/OD sessions being facilitated virtually and access to the newly developed facilitator guides and customizable PowerPoints in English and Spanish for each session of the curriculum (sessions 1-10 + a bonus orientation session). This course is designed to help guide and support the virtual implementation of the program.
The goal is for all participants in the AP/OD Training Institute to strengthen their skills to work with families and be prepared and motivated to implement the AP/OD program in their local communities.
MATERIALS NEEDED: Participants will need a computer/laptop with a working microphone and camera (for the Zoom sessions) and also access to reliable Wi-Fi. The AP/OD team will email participants an update regarding the shipment of their 3rd Edition AP/OD curriculum kit and other training materials a week before the training.
TRAINING FORMAT: The online institute consists of 6 required live sessions via Zoom with our Master trainer and individual online learning assignments that participants will complete prior to each Zoom session. Participants will have 2 weeks to complete their certification. In total they can expect to spend 17 hrs completing their certification, this includes the Zoom sessions.
REQUIRED LIVE ZOOM DATES:
1. Tuesday, June 21, 2022 | Time: 10:30am – 12:05pm Mountain Time (MT)
2. Thursday, June 23, 2022 | Time:10:30am – 12:30pm MT
3. Monday, June 27, 2022 | Time: 10:30am – 12:35pm MT
4. Tuesday June 28, 2022 | Time: 10:30am -12:35pm MT
5. Wednesday June 29, 2022 | Time: 10:30am – 11:55am MT
6. Thursday June 30, 2022 | Time: 10:30am – 12:15pm MT
** Please reference the table below to check the start time according to your time zone.**
|Generalized Time Zones in the United States|
|Time Zone||Abbreviation||Zoom Time|
* *In order to receive your facilitator certification, it is required that you complete all self-learning assignments and participate in all of the live Zoom sessions. If you have any unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from participating in all 17 hours of the training, you will have 60 days to sign-up for another online institute to receive certification.