- This event has passed.
**REGISTRATION CLOSED** AP/OD Online Program Acquisition Institute November 29 – December 10, 2021 | Presented in English
November 29, 2021 - December 10, 2021$1,649
In the AP/OD Online 3rd Edition Program Acquisition Institute, participants will learn how to provide the curriculum directly to parents/families with children 0-5. This dynamic training will cover AP/OD best practices in the following topics:
- Popular education methodology and approach including adult learning methodology and facilitator skills
- Using culturally relevant activities to develop parent leadership
- Overview of curriculum and session formats
- Developing community partnerships and constructing a local resource kit, including using local education and health data as discussion tools
- Program implementation strategies including start-up recommendations, parent recruitment, retention, and integrating the AP/OD program into the local partners’ organizational structures including:
- Creating a welcoming environment for parent training
- Strengths-based/asset-based perspective for working with parents and families
NEWLY INTEGRATED: Newly developed training material that includes access and guidance for our new online course Effective Practices for Facilitating the AP/OD Program Virtually. The course includes an additional video presentation of AP/OD sessions being facilitated virtually and access to the newly developed facilitator guides and customizable PowerPoints in English and Spanish for each session of the curriculum (sessions 1-10 + a bonus orientation session). This course is designed to help guide and support the virtual implementation of the program.
The goal is for all participants in the AP/OD Training Institute to strengthen their skills to work with families and be prepared and motivated to implement the AP/OD program in their local communities.
MATERIALS NEEDED: Participants will need a computer/laptop with a working microphone and camera (for the Zoom sessions) and also access to reliable Wi-Fi.
TRAINING FORMAT: The online institute consist of 6 required live sessions via Zoom with our Master trainer and individual online learning assignments that you will complete prior to each Zoom session. You will have 2 weeks to complete your certification. In total you can expect to spend 17 hrs completing your certification, this includes the Zoom sessions. Your progress is monitored throughout the 2 weeks to ensure you are on track to meet the 17 hours required for completion.
ZOOM SESSIONS: There are a total of 6 live Zoom session. Each session is very interactive and require active participation from all participants.
REQUIRED LIVE ZOOM DATES:
1. Tuesday, November 30, 2021 | Time: 9:30am – 11:05am Pacific Time (PT)
2. Thursday, December 2, 2021 | Time: 9:30am – 11:30am PT
3. Monday, December 6, 2021 | Time: 9:30am – 11:35am PT
4. Tuesday, December 7, 2021 | Time: 9:30am -11:35am PT
5. Thursday, December 9, 2021 | Time: 9:30am – 10:55am PT
6. Friday, December 10, 2021 | Time: 9:30am – 11:15am PT
**Please note each Zoom session begins at 9:30am in PACIFIC TIME ZONE (PT). Please reference table below to check the start time according to your time Zone.**
|Generalized Time Zones in United States|
|Time Zone||Abbreviation||Zoom Time|
*In order to receive your facilitator certification it is required that you complete all self-learning assignments and participate in all of the live Zoom sessions. If you have any unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from participating in all 17 hours of the training, you will have 60 days to sign-up for another online institute to receive certification.
Click here to pay online
If you have any questions regarding the institute please contact Daisy Castaneda | email@example.com